2022 TOHO Challenge
The 2022 TOHO Challenge is in full swing and jewelry designers are encouraged to participate by submitting an original jewelry design made with the chosen colors for this year. The theme for this year's challenge is "Dawn of a New Day". Here's what Rochelle Petersen, one of the leaders behind the TOHO Challenge, has to say about this year's theme:
“As each day dawns, we look forward to the new possibilities that awaits us with each new day. Embrace the unknown and look forward to the adventure!”
You can find a list of the 2022 TOHO Challenge colors below, along with shopping links and rules for how to participate. Have fun and if you participate, be sure to let us know and share pictures in our private Facebook group.
2022 TOHO Challenge Rules
Create an original design in the medium of your choice using TOHO seed beads and Starman Czech glass beads from the 2022 Challenge palette. You can shop the available colors here or refer to the list below:
TOHO Seed Bead Color Numbers:
#PF558 PermaFinish – Galvanized Aluminum
#PF558F PermaFinish – Galvanized Matte Aluminum
#52 Opaque Lavender
#262 Inside-Color Crystal/Gold-Lined
#997 Gold-Lined Rainbow Light Sapphire
#763 Opaque-Pastel-Frosted Apricot
#263 Light Capri-Lined Crystal Luster Rainbow
#PF2125 PermaFinish – Translucent Silver-Lined Light Jonquil
#2635F Semi Glazed Rainbow – Blue Turquoise
#166 Transparent Rainbow Light Amethyst
#52F Opaque Frosted Lavender
#169 Transparent-Rainbow Rosaline
#11F Transparent-Frosted Rosaline
#84F Frosted Metallic Iris – Green/Brown
#SLV BRO-3 Natio Miyabi Silver-Lined Peach Matte
#OP BRD-3 Natio Miyabi Opaque Hibiscus Matte
#TP BRD-3 Natio Miyabi Transparent Hibiscus
#Silk AB2-3 Natio Miyabi Satin Wisteria
TOHO One-G Thread Colors:
PT-50-8 Sand Ash
Starman Czech Glass Bead Colors:
Luster – Transparent Denim Blue (15726)
Bondeli Coral (92944AL)
Sueded Gold Cloud Dream (08A05)
Iris – Brown (21415)
Sueded Gold Provence (08A08)
Light Sapphire AB (X-3001)
Luster – Opaque Bronzed Smoke (P15780)
Rules for TOHO Challenge Mini Kit Participants
- You are strongly encouraged to use at least some of each color in the 2022 palette to create one eye-catching piece.
- You are allowed to use more of the same TOHO and Starman Czech beads that we have provided in the kit. As many as you wish, but they must be the exact color numbers on the list. TOHO seed beads should be the star of the show!
- No other seed beads or Czech beads may be used!
- You can add one Focal item of your choice, such as one single pendant or cabochon. For example, a strand of stones (or any other beads not listed above) does not qualify as one item.
- You can use any clasp, findings, backing, threads, and fibers—but make sure they stay within the challenge color palette and are used sparingly.
Send photos of completed designs and submissions to TOHOChallenge@teamtoho.net or message on TeamTOHO’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TeamTOHO/, and they'll post your design on their social media sites.
You can see more inspiration for this challenge on the Team TOHO Facebook page as submissions come in! Plus, watch Becky create jewelry with the 2022 TOHO Challenge kit in our live video: